Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Which primer, moisturizer, concealer and liquid foundation is best for my skin?

I have dry skin, and my whole face gets dried out easily.. And I also have acne prone skin so I want a heavy coverage foundation and concealer that hides my blemishes. I also have to deal with red bloches on my skin.. So what high-end brand would be best for me? (Clique.. MAC.. Smashbox.. Philosiphy.. Vincent Logo.. etc.)Which primer, moisturizer, concealer and liquid foundation is best for my skin?
Alright, i'll start with the acne prone skin... STAY AWAY from makeup with oil, which is in most liquids except Clinique's. I would stay away from liquids, but if you want to, use a brush instead of a sponge, beacause sponges breed bacteria. All of Clinique's makeup is oil free and non acnegenic, which just basically means it won't cause or make your acne worse. most makeup will just make your acne worse this one won't. Acne is caused by dead skin cells and oil clogging pores, so i'm guessing you may also be dealing with a little oil. Clinique has a great foundation called Superbalance makeup that won't clog your pores but will also moisturize where needed ( the price is good too, about $19.50, in the U.S.).


I'm not sure about the others, but i do know that MAC makes you break out because it started out as a stage makeup company and they use parabens which is harmful to your skin.Which primer, moisturizer, concealer and liquid foundation is best for my skin?
If you have acne prone skin, a heavy foundation may not help that situation. Here's what you need to do..before make-up..


find a Gentle exfoliator to help get rid of some of the dead skin which helps make your skin look like it's really dry. I really like Loreal Paris, they aren't high end, but I find that they get the job done. Next, find a moisture mask, like one of the ones that come in the plastic packages like are about $2 from London Drugs, they really work. Next, a lightweight moisturizer, one that does not clog pores. Again, I like Loreal Paris for this, HydraFresh Moisturiser for normal-dry skin.


For the make-up, use a med-coverage foundation. After you apply the foundation, leave it for about 10 min before you put concealer on because your face may still be a little red when you put it on and you may not need to cover all the area that you think is red. Do NOT use a powder foundation. I like Feel Naturale foundation or True Match from Loreal Paris, and you can easily find a matching concealer as well.


You don't necessarily need a high-end brand, but I would stay away from Smashbox, their products aren't that terrific.
I would invest in a moisturizer from Lancome or Clinique with an SPF in it- a high end brand that specializes in the health of skin. I use benefit primer ';that gal'; because it gives your face a healthy glow and it has a pink undertone so your skin will not look like you have tons of make up on. i also use the Benefit playstick (I use spin the bottle) because it works as a concealer and foundation. If you get a make up brush and cover your face with it it will not look cakey at all. It is healthy for your skin. I also have acne prone skin and my face does not break out at all, with MAC it did for sure. Make sure you wash your faceevery night to clean out your pores and I ould use a good night time moisutizer to rejuvenate your skin as you sleep!
Well, what you can do is buy some Clean and Clear Maximum Strength Invisible Blemish Treatment. You put it on in the morning, and leave it on all day. You can even put makeup on over it. I don't think the brand of makeup really matters. Just make sure you don't buy the cheap generic stuff.





Oh, and before you go to bed make sure you wipe EVERYTHING off your face. Otherwise, your face may break out and not look so pretty in the morning. :\





Hope i helped!
first: seems like you need a calming facial wash and some good toner.





try a mineral based makeup like bare escentuals, it doesn't contain oils and ingredients that would clog pores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan